One of our favorite gadgets on the market it the Square Contactless and Chip Reader along with the original Square credit card reader. These items are highly versatile and allow pretty much anyone on the planet the ability to accept credit or debit cards for the services or products they provide. Long gone are the days of waiting for a check to clear or having to fumble around with money and ensuring you are handing it the right way, making sure your giving the right change and sending the deposit on time to the bank. Needless to say it can get messy. That’s why you should choose the Square readers. They are simply the best.
Accept every way your customers want to pay with the new Square Reader for contactless and chip—EMV chip cards, Apple Pay, Android Pay, other NFC payments, and magstripe cards. The reader connects wirelessly to iOS or Android devices with Bluetooth LE or with USB if you sell with the optional Square Stand.
It works exclusively with the free Square Point of Sale app to take care of payments, tipping, inventory, reports, and more. Square Reader for contactless and chip comes with a free Square Reader for magstripe so you can swipe cards the old-fashioned way, too. Pay only 2.75% per swipe, dip, or tap for Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, with no surprise fees.
Square sends deposits directly to your bank account in one to two business days—or you can enable Instant Deposit for 1% per deposit to get your money in seconds. Get a Dock for Square Reader to anchor the reader on your countertop and keep it charged all day. Square’s hardware is only approved for use in the country for which it is intended. For example, hardware sold or intended for sale in the United States is not approved for use in Australia, Canada, Japan, or the United Kingdom.
From the manufacturer
Plug in, take payments
Get your iOS or Android device, download Square Point of Sale, and connect via Bluetooth LE—you’re ready to take payments from anywhere. Or set up your counter and plug your reader into the optional Square Stand and Dock for Square Reader.
Accept every way your customers want to pay
Take EMV chip cards, Apple Pay, Android Pay, and magstripe cards—right out of the box. Contactless (NFC) payments take just seconds.
Runs on Square Point of Sale
Download the free Square Point of Sale app to accept payments, track inventory, send invoices, and more.
Clear pricing, fast deposits
Pay just 2.75% per swipe, dip, or tap for Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, with no monthly fees and no long-term commitments. See deposits in your account as soon as the next business day.
Ready for your counter
Set up the optional Square Stand in minutes—no service visits or complicated instructions. Swivel Square Stand so customers can sign and tip in one easy, math-free motion—right on the iPad.
Accept all major credit cards—swipe cards securely and accurately with the integrated card reader. And use Square Reader for contactless and chip to never miss a sale.
Square encrypts card information at the beginning of the sale and conducts live risk monitoring on every transaction.
Magstripe reader in the box
We’ll send you a free Square Reader for magstripe—so you can swipe cards the old-fashioned way, too.
Powered by the free Square Point of Sale app
Square Point of Sale is a free point-of-sale app that gives you everything you need to do business. Free updates keep you equipped with the latest features.
- Accept and track sales from magstripe cards, chip cards, NFC, cash, checks, and gift cards.
- See deposits in your account in one to two business days.
- Take magstripe payments without a connection in Offline Mode.
- Send receipts via email or text message, or print them out.
- Collect customer feedback from digital receipts.
- Print or email sales reports.
- Manage inventory in real time.
- Adjust taxes, tipping, and discounts.
- Create individual logins for employees.
- Store customer card information securely with Card on File.
- Accept EMV chip cards, Apple Pay, Android Pay, and other NFC payments
- Connect to your device wirelessly with Bluetooth LED or Plug into Square stand for Instant setup
- Charge easily with included micro USB cable
- Use with the Square register app
- Square’s hardware is only approved for use in the country for which it is intended. For example, hardware sold or intended for sale in the United States is not approved for use in Australia, Canada, Japan, or the United Kingdom.