300 of the Most Influential Young Entrepreneurs and Game-changers from across Asia gather in Hong Kong
July 11-13, 2019 | #Under30Summit
HONG KONG (July 12, 2019) Forbes today announced the opening of its fourth annual Forbes Under 30 Summit Asia, which is being held at The Conrad Hong Kong. Themed “A Lasting Impact”, this year’s summit will bring together some 300 young leaders, entrepreneurs and gamechangers from across Asia, as featured on the Forbes’ “30 Under 30 Asia” lists, as well as CEOs, mentors, industry leaders, investors and disruptors for three days of motivating panels, tech presentations, networking, food and music festival and more.
“We’re thrilled to gather these 30 Under 30 honorees from all across Asia once again in Hong Kong, one of world’s most energetic hubs for innovation, business and technology. The Forbes Under 30 Summit Asia will see these young leaders exchange stories, share ideas and present innovative solutions as they drive and effect positive change to make a lasting impact on our world,” said Randall Lane, Chief Content Officer, Forbes Media.
The summit’s main program will feature speakers participating in a day of compelling content across three main themes – Innovating For The Long Haul; Driving Sustainability and Solving Today’s and Tomorrow’s Social Problems through panels, presentations and keynote interviews.
Among the confirmed speakers for the summit is Tony Fernandes, CEO of AirAsia Group, who will participate in a keynote interview. Notable Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia honorees also speaking at the summit include Eric Gnock Fah, Cofounder of Klook Travel from Hong Kong SAR; Ankiti Bose, Cofounder & CEO of Zilingo from Singapore; Manuri Gunawardena, Founder of HealthMatch from Australia; Tarun Jami, Cofounder of GreenJams Infrastructures from India; Hanaa Lakhani, Cofounder of Roshni Rides from Pakistan; Sabrina Bensawan, Cofounder of Saab Shares from Indonesia and Orchlon Enkhtsetseg, CEO of Clean Energy Asia from Mongolia among others.
Highlights of the summit’s program include:
- The “Discovery Area” will showcase some of the most exciting inventions and products from their creators who made it to the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia list— including smart locks, sunglasses, 3D-printers and healthy beverages.
- Innovating for the Long Haul: 30 Under 30 honorees engage in panel discussions themed ‘Building A Billion Dollar Startup’, ‘Blockchain Unchained’, ‘A Look Into The Future’ and ‘Startups With A Mission’. The segment also features a presentation by Sarah Chen, Cofounder of The Billion Dollar Fund for Women and tech presentations by Saket Modi, Ethical Hacker and Cofounder of CEO of Lucideus and Samer Al Moubayed, CEO of Furhat Robotics from Sweden. Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia alumnus Carl Pei, Cofounder & Head of Global of OnePlus will participate in an on-stage interview as he shares his entrepreneurial journey.
- Driving Sustainability: Presentation by Eva Mackinley, Founder of The Last Straw and a panel discussion ‘Sustainability As A Business Opportunity’ will see participants discussing how they’re tapping new opportunities by being considerate to the environment.
- Solving Today’s and Tomorrow’s Social Problems: Law reform campaigner from Australia Noelle Martin shares her personal story in ‘The Human Cost of Technology: My Fight For Justice’, while ‘Solving A Forgotten Problem’ features Richard Yim, Founder of Demine Robotics. The ‘Creating a Long-Term Social Impact’ panel discussion will see honorees sharing more about their causes and the impact on their communities.
Following the day program of panel discussions, presentations and networking opportunities, the summit’s “Food & Music Festival” in the evening will feature 30 Under 30 Asia list honorees serving up their culinary creations at the festival – Chef Anahita Dhondy, Chef-Partner of SodaBottleOpenerWala and Chef Vinesh Johny, Cofounder & Executive Pastry Chef of The Lavonne Academy, both from India. Hong Kong’s Victoria Chow, Founder of The Woods will also be presenting her innovative cocktail concoctions at the festival.
Among the Music and Entertainment line-up is Indian illusionist and TV personality Neel Madhav, who will wow summit participants with a special performance. Hong Kong-based beatbox champion Heartgrey (Eric) and vocalist James Morley team up for an exciting collaboration while one of Myanmar’s most recognised performers, singer Ah Moon Marip returns to the stage in Hong Kong for a truly memorable end to the night.
For a full list of the featured speakers and participants and the most up-to-date program for the summit, please visit www.forbesunder30summitasia.com.
Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia listmakers attending the summit will also have the opportunity to participate in rich cultural immersion activities and benefit from unique opportunities to interact with mentors and successful business leaders over three days.
- Hong Kong Startup Open House and Opening Cocktail Reception – This casual gathering of local entrepreneurs at K11 Atelier, Victoria Dockside will provide an incredible window into the city’s flourishing startup scene and the young men and women making it all happen.
- ‘Under 30’ Ferry Pitch – Forbes will host a startup pitching session onboard one of Hong Kong’s most iconic ferries – Aqua Luna – as it cruises the city’s famed Victoria Harbour. This one-and-a-half-hour journey will see three entrepreneurs pitch their startups to a panel of esteemed VCs.
- Hong Kong Sightseeing Tours – From walking tours for the foodies as they explore Sham Shui Po in old Kowloon to enchanting beaches and quaint fishing villages near Lantau island, 30 Under 30 listmakers will experience some of Hong Kong’s most iconic sights and features.
Invest Hong Kong, Brand Hong Kong and Hong Kong Tourism Board are Supporting Organizations for the Summit. Hong Kong Innovation Foundation is a Corporate Sponsor for the Summit and the Supporting Sponsor is Citigate Dewe Rogerson. Victoria Dockside is the Cultural Partner for the Summit.
About Forbes’ Under 30 Franchise:
Forbes’ global Under 30 alumni network comprises more than 5,000 extraordinary individuals worldwide who exemplify Forbes’ longstanding reputation of spotlighting young entrepreneurs, revolutionaries and trailblazers who are poised to make a significant impact on the world. The Forbes Under 30 franchise is a global platform, championing young game changers all over the world and through live summits in the U.S., Asia, Europe and Israel.
The defining voice of entrepreneurial capitalism, Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most-influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 120 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE events, custom marketing programs and 40 licensed local editions in 70 countries. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit: https://www.forbes.com/forbes-media/
For media queries, please contact:
Citigate Dewe Rogerson on behalf of Forbes Media
Olivia Liu, Olivia.Liu@citigatedewerogerson.com or +852 3103 0115
Jobie Cheung, Jobie.Cheung@citigatedewerogerson.com or +852 3103 0107