The Boston Marathon 2019 is over after hours were spent running the 26-mile course.
Here’s what to know about the Boston marathon 2019 race.
- Let’s get the biggest news of the way first. Lawrence Cherono is the champion of this year’s race.
- Cherono was able to beat out Lelisa Desisa just before reaching the end of the course.
- This had Cherono completing that track in 2:07:59, which just beats out Desisa’s time of 2:08.
- It marked the closest victory for the race since 1988.
- That also put an end to Desisa’s hope of winning the race for the third year in a row.
- Coming in third during the race was Kenneth Kipkemoi with a time of 2:08.06.
- When it comes to the women’s portion of the race, it wasn’t even close.
- Worknesh Degefa ran past the finish line at 2:23:30 to take the first place spot in the Boston Marathon 2019 women’s race.
- Degefa was so far ahead of the other competitors during the race that they weren’t even in view of the cameras when she crossed the finish line.
- This was the woman’s first World Marathon Major victory, but not her first time doing well in a race.
- She was able to take second place during a recent marathon in Dubai.
- The Boston Marathon 2019 race was her’s, despite not having former experience with the course.
- This includes never giving it a practice run and it features hills that the runner also wasn’t used to.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.
*Information contained on this page is provided by public rss feeds. Manager Mint Media makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith.